This is our Foundation course, designed to enable managers and staff to recognise the nature and impact of domestic abuse, and to improve their confidence in responding safely to survivors and signposting them to support services when domestic abuse is present.
- Explore the definition of domestic abuse.
- Identify tactics used by perpetrators of domestic abuse.
- Explore the dynamics of power & control in an abusive relationship.
- Identify potential barriers to disclosure of domestic abuse and strategies to overcome them.
- Explore the complexities of staying / leaving an abusive relationship.