Our foundation course is designed to develop knowledge and confidence to enable practitioners to recognise the nature and impact of domestic abuse.
- To explore the definition of domestic abuse
- To identify tactics used by perpetrators of domestic abuse.
- To explore the dynamics of power & control in an abusive relationship.
- To identify potential barriers to disclosure of domestic abuse and strategies to overcome them.
- To explore the complexities of staying / leaving an abusive relationship.